Expectations of students to meet the transcript notation requirement
- Involvement in all major phases of a project including conception, implementation, and presentation. Will generally involve sustained work over multiple quarters resulting in an original contribution relative to the discipline.
- A project presentation that must be to an audience that extends beyond the immediate research group or creative context of the student (see application for potential audiences).
- Evidence of the presentation must be submitted and materials must be deposited into the OSU Scholars Archive.
- Endorsement of the application by a member of the OSU Graduate Faculty, verifying satisfaction of the criteria described above.
- Completed Form A (PDF) or Form B (PDF) left with College Head Advisor.
Expectations of the undergraduate student’s mentor
An OSU graduate faculty mentor of an undergraduate student applying for the OSU Undergraduate Research/Arts Fellow transcript notation is responsible for:
- Certifying that the student has met the expectations of research/creativity (see below) for such notations and
- Indicating whether a student’s efforts are best recognized with a designation as a Research Fellow OR as an Arts Fellow.